Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Gift......!!

The next day, my wife was returning after a sojourn at Nagpur. I was at Agra and it was already twilight. Suddenly I decided to give a beautiful gift and a surprise to my son who would be arriving along with Soujanya, next morning by train. I went to the bazaar and tried to buy few gifts from the shop. But, nothing convinced me. And then I met Dr Deepak a well known veterinary doctor who was busy buying something. That was the time at around 9 pm. I decided the best gift would be a pup for my son. I requested the doctor if I can get a pup from his hospital. He told me of course, but I must meet him the next day when his clients visit him. But I insisted that I need it immediately because the train's arrival time was 7 am the next day.. He gave me an address of his client who had a litter few days back. I took the address and went to client's residence which was at outskirts of Agra at around 11 pm. The person welcomed me reluctantly at that hour. He showed six pups, all had vitiligo patches but one was smiling beautifully at me. I chose it. I carried the pup in a small basket and visited the doctor again to ask him what to feed at around midnight. He gave me little milk from his refrigerator. Next day morning, my maid who stayed at the servant quarter attached, asked me whether I had brought a child to my house at midnight, because she heard a child's crying from my window. She examined the pup and declared it to be a female. I named the pup Diana. My family arrived and I showed my gift to my son and Diana was hidden behind the flower pots. I can never forget the smile on my son's face...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment