Wednesday 10 April 2013

Yeh Pradeep Kaise Bana Celebrity......


Let me take you down memory lane, it was July 1995 and I had just come to Agra and became a member of  famed Agra Club. There was an important function and I reached the club  a tad late. Myself and my wife were permitted to stand behind the last row of seats from where the stage could be barely visible. I was very keen to see the proceedings but was rudely told by the organizers that I can't occupy any seat close to the stage. My wife told me let us make ourselves comfortable at the rear end itself, but I was not enjoying the whole thing at all. That was the time, I decided that I should be the one conducing all the events there someday. But the competition was tough and there was one extremely popular MC already there and hence my getting a chance ever to conduct any event in that renowned and prestigious club was bleak.I tried to convince the management but failed miserably to get any chance to be emceeing any event there. Moreover, I got to know about many influences and politics involved in the choice of who would host the shows. Meanwhile,  I could organize a fashion show in the nearby five star hotel, Clarks Shiraz where I did a show conceived by me, where all the Doctors of the station walked down the ramp along with their spouses while I kept announcing the event along with the music. This was witnessed by the same famous official MC of Agra Club. Next year, on 10 May 1996, when I returned from my office, I was pleasantly surprised to see a cavalcade of cars waiting for me at my residence. I was requested by the chairman of Agra Club to host May Queen Ball the same evening. I was told that their permanent MC could not host it as his father met with an accident the same day. And, he himself had recommended my name who could host the event successfully in such a short notice. Well, I took the challenge and the event was a huge hit. There was no looking back for me thereafter even after the return of the permanent host . I continued to be most favored host to conduct all the events there by unanimous choice. Later, I conducted 100% of events at Agra Club between 1996-98, which must have been a record despite stiff competition for the coveted post of MC for Agra Club. I became so popular in Agra those days that people could identify me at any corner of the city as the famous host of Agra Club.  Thereafter, I was the MC at many cities all over India and conducted some of the most talked about programmes at various clubs of India including  Delhi, Kota, Nasik, Ahmednagar, Bhuj,Saugor and Secunderabad.

No comments:

Post a Comment