Monday 15 April 2013

My Tazurba..My Experience...!!


I appreciate the desire to create art, poetry, music and of course new ideas. I do notice my great writer friends on Facebook forum being read by many but still falling short of the number, they truly deserve. This reminds me of my days with few Nepalis as my close neighbors. They once invited me to witness their cultural program. I could see clearly, majority of the invitees were restless, as they were not following the proceedings. I volunteered to compere the same event for them, the following year. I explained to the audience, the lyrics of their jhavre and khukri dance, in Hindi and English and the same audience saw the program with rapt attention.
The same principle is required for the writers of Facebook. The writers must know the minds of their readers and their limitations. The great and reputed writers tend to forget the mental caliber of their readers, hence, although their write up was most exotic and brilliant, there were few takers.
Take the case of Chetan Bhagart, he is not a great writer but his language and choice of his plots make him more popular than his better contemporary writers.
I would like to remind my senior writer friends that the attention span of present readers is very short. Hence, it would be better to keep it short. And yes, do explain the meanings of all the difficult words used, either with asterisk or using a glossary at the end so that the reader need not run for any dictionary to understand the meaning. Well, this was my " Tazurba ".. my experience...Happy Writing, Friends...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment