Monday 8 April 2013

The Cruel Art Of Bonsai Plantation...!!

I love gardening. My father used to spend his leisure time in gardening. Our garden always used to be a talking point  of our town. We used to grow a variety of roses in our garden and also all possible vegetables and fruits. Gardening is an art.
Bonsai planting is also an art, a Japanese art form of growing miniature trees on a small plate. But I sincerely feel Bonsai  planting is a wrong art of gardening. They mutilate the limbs of a plant in the name of pruning.They say, Bonsai should not be confused with dwarfing but they play the cruel game of dwarfing the natural growth of a plant in the name of art and aesthetics.
Well, I am a doctor, an Anaesthesiologist and I have witnessed a phenomenon which is beyond my understanding of  natural science and normal logic. You may call it my superstition or stupidity but I have a different view about this Bonsai plantation. I have come across few of my patients who have abnormal children with defective limbs and they had been active Bonsai plantation lovers !!

1 comment:

  1. I do not like the manipulation and harassment imposed on these trees for many weeks and months, while they are cut, wired, clamped, defoliated and chopped to get the required design. In bonsai you are basically limiting the growth of the tree by controlling its nourishment and lessening the soil. According to Peter Thomkins and Christopher Bird’s Secret Life Of Plants, plants have their own life. In an experiment one plant was hooked to a machine to test its reaction and another plant was mutilated in front of the previous one. The plant hooked to the machine responded when the other plant was mutilated, therefore proving that plants have their own feelings and energy..!!

    ReplyDelete