Friday 19 April 2013

God's Blessings...??

Life could be funny and foolish sometimes. Today was very interesting, one 120 Kg lady came as an Emergency Caesarean at 2 p.m. and the Gynaecologist was of the opinion that I can never get the spinal Anaesthesia successful in that lady as the lady also had severe sacral oedema which makes the patient extremely difficult to feel the inter spinal spaces for executing a successful block for conducting Surgery without pain. Today was equally interesting for me as I had just completed two more complicated cases successfully, may be due Ram Navami !! Moreover, this morbidly obese lady, who was being taken up for emergency surgery had breakfast this morning, making it not suitable for general anaesthesia.
I prayed to lord Rama and tried to give spinal, and lo ! I got the cerebrospinal fluid in the first attempt. Within minutes, a live, healthy male was extracted. Meanwhile, I had an emergency call from my wife, I had to receive the call by coming out of the Operation theatre, as the signals were negligible inside the OT. I could meet some close relatives including the mother, husband and the in-laws of the lady, who had come to accompany the lady who had Caesarean section for delivery. I casually told them, it was a male child and he was fine. There were hysterical reactions in the crowd, one was hysterically shouting with joy, another fell on the ground and started rolling in excitement, and the husband touched my feet. I was only wondering, had I told them that the new born was a baby girl, what could have been their reactions..??!!

1 comment: