Tuesday 16 April 2013

Tobe Thaak...let it remain at its original place ( in Bengali )

Shall we explore the fascinating world of unknown authors ? I always find their perceptions and intuitions very interesting. Their nature, their thoughts fascinates me, I find them very attractive. Some of the best quotations, short stories, poems and of course, most of the non vegetarian jokes are written by our unknown, extremely talented and imaginative unknown authors.
I can still recall, three years ago, I wrote in my comments in Facebook that there were times, when people in India used to say, " Neki kar, aur Dariya mein Daal "..but, now the present adage is, " Kuchch bhee kar, aur Facebook mein daal ". This was my original comment. But after sometime, I was pleasantly surprised to find my own quotation returns to me in a nice cartoon format with my very own words providing the dramatic backdrop !
Who wouldn't have heard the famous Bengali joke " Tobe Thaak !" The interesting episode of a mischievous boy pulling out entangled saree from the bottom of a lady while she stands abruptly from her seat in a crowded bus and then replacing it to its original place on being scolded and saying "Tobe Thaak", which means, let it remain at its original place ! Well, nobody knows, who wrote this great joke, which is still remembered fondly after four decades. I raise my hand in salute to our great unknown authors !!

No comments:

Post a Comment