Thursday 11 April 2013

Life of Pi Pi (read PP )

When I wanted to learn Swimming for the first time seriously, the swimming instructor told me that I had already exceeded the optimum age for learning it, however, he did not want to dissuade me altogether. I still remember, I told him that there's no age for learning. He corrected me, not for all sports. I was a champion in Tennis already and I challenged him that I would jump the ten meters diving board in exactly seven days. He warned me, not to be crazy. Well, I started practicing seriously only diving and thereafter reaching the closest corner. I could do 1 meter in 5 days safely, but I could attempt my three meters diving board only in my seventh day, and that was my last day of challenge. I saw some boys jumping from 5 meters, I also reached the diving board and was waiting for my turn and my turn came. It was dizzy height to jump from five meters and that too in seven days experience. Meanwhile, another diver who was waiting behind me asked me to hasten. I had no option, I called the instructor from the diving board and requested him, in case I couldn't make it, he should dive and save me. Well I jumped, I reached the bottom and with buoyancy of water I reached almost the surface with great effort and I could see the the surface of the water and then I lost all my energy to further flip my legs and try to reach the surface, I felt as if I am about to die,and I started seeing visuals like a video film where I could see all my near and dear in few seconds and then I didn't know what happened, but I found myself floating on the surface, like a miracle and I saw life guard throwing the safety tube towards me, which I could clutch and reached the corner safely. Everybody ran towards me and asked me how I was feeling. Later the Life Guard told me, I was inside the water for more than 5 minutes. I went back to the same 5 meters board immediately before anybody could stop me, I jumped and this time, I didn't do any mistakes. Well, I had a splitting headache for three days, obviously from the hypoxia I suffered...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment