Monday 8 April 2013

Do We Really Need Books....??

Do we really need books now..?
My answer would be No, if you have internet connection.
I must have read 30 times the number of books in my last 3 years, thanks to internet, compared to my entire life's exposure to books. Name anything, that book and information is available on the net. I wanted to learn many operations and procedures while doing my graduation and post-graduation, nobody could teach me the way Youtube could teach me on various surgeries and Anaesthetic procedures. We barely use books to get piece of information now, rather we prefer an internet now. Exceptions, when you don't have any access to any internet..!!
I would say even the culture of reading books are almost gone. We can have all the books available as e-books. My text book of Anaesthesia used to be available in three huge volumes for a price of seven thousand and now, I have got the same rather the latest edition at the most affordable price. I can refer to any page and any specific information in seconds rather than going to search the same in the glossary and indices ! Well, that is the present revolution of GenNext...and, I am Loving it..!! Please don't tell me about your sentimental values of those paperbacks and missing the "feel" and "smell" of your familiar books...Move up Friends...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment