Wednesday 22 May 2013

Singing...

I was never trained in singing or playing instruments. I self-taught myself in singing and playing instruments and that too very late in life. I always loved the Indian light music and classical songs sung by Jesudas and of course Gazals by Jagjit Singh. There was a time when I had only 56 rupees as my savings, and I had spent the entire amount in buying an LP of Jesudas from seconds sales at Book Store of Vizag, those days, located on main Road of Vishakhapatnam. I do sing in almost all the languages and can mimic most of the actors of Bollywood. Well, I hate to listen to anyone, who sings off key or on wrong pitch. I also prefer people singing in the same tone as the original singers. I don't mean here that everybody should only copy other singers, you should also have your own style and your own voice. But, you should be able to sing exactly like the original song. It takes extra bit of practice and of course, your mimicry skill, which can be mastered by concentrating on the tone, scale, pitch of one's voice...!!
Photo
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment