Friday 31 May 2013

Learning Languages...

I always wanted to learn all the languages of India since childhood. I had a flair for languages like my cousin Kusumakka. As a child, I saw her speaking Bengali and Tamil and I was totally enamoured by her flair for languages. But nobody taught me any language, so I decided to learn with self help books viz. Learn Tamil in 30 days, Learn Gujarati in 30 days etc. Later I learnt almost all the languages of India by listening to All India Radio everyday from 7 a.m to 8-30 a.m. when the same news used to be broadcasted in different languages. Later, Satellite TV was huge help in my quest of learning all the languages of India. I started watching different channels in various languages, that really helped. And last but not least , Indian movies were my best tutor in learning languages; I used to watch all languages movies including Bhojpuri, Punjabi and Tamil and could follow every dialogue by listening to it carefully. Today, I can speak almost all the languages of India, including Nepali. And yes, I do sing in nine languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment