Monday 6 May 2013

Kalki Koechlin....and Guitar...!!


I can play mouthorgan and have won few prizes for the same in my college days, especially for the song which was filmed in Sholay...Amitabh playing a tune while Jaya Bhadudhi was adjusting the light of lanterns to make it dim. Recently I have learnt to play Keyboard and a bit of Guitar, especially playing the chords for my songs. I felt playing Guitar is a tough task.
You must have noticed in almost all Bollywood movies, there would be an ubiquitous scene of Hero or the Heroine strumming guitar. But mostly, erratic and an insult to sensibility. Because, the tune and strumming never fits the song. But I saw a movie last night, Ek Thee Daayan, where Kalki Koechlin was shown strumming guitar by the filmmaker and composer Vishal Bhardwaj, which was closest to perfection. I consider this scene to be the highlight of this movie.
A must watch:
Hum cheez hain bade kaam ki, Yaaram
Humein kaam pe rakh lo kabhi, Yaaram
Hum cheez hain bade kaam ki, Yaaram

Ho suraj se pehle jagayenge
Aur akhbaar ki sab surkhiyaan hum gungunayenge
Pesh karenge garm chai phir
Koi khabar aayi na pasand toh, end badal denge

Ho munh khuli jamhaai pe
Hum bajaayein chutkiyaan
Dhoop na tum ko lage
Khol denge chhatariyaan
Peechhe peechhe din bhar
Ghar daftar mein le ke chalenge hum

Tumhaari filein, tumhaari diary
Gaadi ki chaabiyan, tumhaari enakein
Tumhaara laptop, tumhaari cap, phone
Aur apna dil, kanwaara dil
Pyaar mein haara bechara dil
Aur apna dil, kanwara dil
Pyaar mein haara, bechara dil...

3 comments:

  1. Sir, these lines are part of Guljar's Yaram...I think because of this, the scene is close to perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True ...from the movie ek thee Dayan... I love this song very much written by Gulzar sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True ...from the movie ek thee Dayan... I love this song very much written by Gulzar sir.

    ReplyDelete