Wednesday 15 May 2013

My special Friends...


I have lost both my parents and consider all elderly people to be my parents. I never miss an opportunity to talk to the elderly and know their problems, if time permits. My best interactions with them occur in my pre-anaesthetic check-up room, where the elderly patients are made to visit me before being taking up for surgery. I always find some resemblance of my parents in them and that makes my interactions with them much easier. With breakdown of traditional support system in present nuclear families, there's a possibility of neglect of the elderly in their homes and the society. I strongly feel, old age homes are not the answer to this category of citizens, they need personal care in their own homes, where they can watch their children and grandchildren grow. These days, people are living longer and they need nursing care in their ripe age, when they can't look after themselves. I wish, Government levies a special tax on us for this category of citizens for their better future !!

No comments:

Post a Comment