Friday 24 May 2013

Passion....Junoon...??

I can still recall vividly, I was seated in the audience during a speech of a well known author and orator. There were more than 500 people in the audience. The speaker was excellent and was weaving magic with his oratory skills, all were mesmerized with his talk. And then, suddenly he asked the audience to interact with him while he speaks. He asked everyone, what is the meaning of the word Passion in Hindi. Nobody replied him. I was enjoying the proceedings. The speaker told the audience that Passion means Junoon in Hindi. He asked, any questions ? I raised my hand and said, the right word for Passion is not Junoon. The correct word for passion would be Jazba, not junoon ! There was pin drop silence in the audience. The speaker looked at me with piercing eyes and asked me, how can I explain that ? I told him calmly that Junoon has slight element of madness in it, which could be construed as negative feature, whereas, Jazba is the right word for passion, which has a positive feature. The orator, didn't say a word on the stage.
Later, we had tea session after the speech. He called me while having tea and said, you're right Pradeep...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment