Thursday 20 June 2013

Writer...

Yes, I always wanted to be a writer but I was a poor reader all through my life. I rarely read any books and rarely done any serious reading. But three years ago, I joined Facebook and also started writing letters to the editor of Hindustan Times and Deccan Chronicle after reading two or three newspapers and reading everything about the concerned topic of discussion. I was pleasantly surprised when my letters started being published in HT and more than 75 letters of mine were published in a span of two years in Hindustan Times, which must have been a record.
Well, I started a Blog viz. Dr P Pradeep, merely three months ago and started writing on various topics and again, I had a pleasant surprise, when I had more than 13,000 views in those three months of blogging.
I must admit that I always admired great writers like Ampat Koshy, Archna Pant, Bina Biswas, Sayantan Gupta. I must have read almost all their posts available on Facebook. I almost developed the same madness of Dr Ampat sir, when he says he loves to write something constantly. I love reading dictionary and I must have read Oxford Dictionary countless times from cover to cover and I really pay attention to each word. My hundreds of blogs and posts may not be perfect but I am sure, my posts would make some impact in my friends' lives.

1 comment: