Tuesday 25 June 2013

Godmen...

Do you believe in Gurus and Godmen ? I have seen people getting cured of incurable diseases after visiting Sai Baba. I have witnessed myself miracles happening after I started believing in Sai Baba as a child. I myself was married on 23 Nov, which happens to be Sai Baba's birthday. But, I always had an an element of doubt that the miracles being performed by him viz. producing vibhuti and shivlings may not stand scrutiny by any scientific surveillance. I still remember the incidence of Beatles turning to spiritualism and becoming disciples of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and later dismissing him as a womanizer. Millions follow Sri Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Asa Ram Bapu. But recent utterances of these Godmen viz. Govt schools are breeding ground of naxalism and Asaram advocating Bhaiyya to avoid rape speak volumes about these Godmen. What is more shocking is their supporters giving silly excuses for their utterances. But these Godmen and many more are the only source of spiritualism and transcendental knowledge for millions of Indians and foreigners, I really feel sorry for them.

2 comments: