Sunday 7 April 2019

MBBS...make it more interesting.

My own classmate is Director of Medical Education. Once I wrote a letter to him requesting him to abolish Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry being taught in the first two years of joining MBBS. I strongly feel, they are very intricate and complex subjects...students rarely understand the practical application of these subjects and rarely figure out why they are being taught to them. I found many students of first two years of MBBS going into severe depression because they are unable to cope up with the deluge of most complicated subjects they are made to understand in the shortest period and being clueless of the need to by heart verbatim which they barely understand. Now, let me suggest a simple solution which I was yelling myself hoarse since last four decades...please start MBBS with clinicals...with direct observation and treatment of living patients in a Operation Theatre, Medical or Surgical or Obstetrics ward. Students would love to attend those clinical classes and would love to become most motivated doctors by understanding everything. I assure you, I can teach Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology in an operation theatre much better than the same being taught in lecture rooms where you are made to understand something which rarely goes to your head. Col Pradeep Pendyala, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment