Monday 19 June 2017

Self improvement...

I must confess that self improvement books always fascinated me...I must have read many such books...viz. How to win friends and influence people ( incidentally, presented to me by my dear classmate when I was studying MBBS ), How to stop worrying and start living both by Dale Carnegie, The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr Norman Vincent Peale ...and many such books. But the real improvement never lasted for long after reading those books. I have read few books on Public speaking...but again, these books never improved me much despite my sincerely following each step mentioned in those books. Some self improvement books focused mostly on productivity, motivation and confidence. Some of those books assured me of learning smart with science-backed strategies for improving health, productivity, focus, decision making and many other aspects of life. I never missed buying such books during my journey by train especially from A. H. Wheeler bookstores on Indian Railway stations. I don't read them now after I almost stopped traveling by train. These days, I always fly and definitely miss my train journey and of course, A. H. Wheeler bookstores.
If you ask me, my experience with such books, they don't really help much.The will to change must come from within . Nothing else can change you for better. Unless, you make your own strategies to win friends or influence people, unless you have your own formula to be effective public speaker, you don't get started, you can't go anywhere. Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment