Wednesday 30 July 2014

Bengalis...

I always consider Bengalis to be most well read
They love reading and discussing politics, poetry
and traditional Bengal cuisine
Bengali women are most beautiful
Their language is extremely sweet..they can easily get away even after cuss and shout ...'cause even cuss words in Bengali sound sweet
Best newsreaders on AIR..All India Radio had been from Bengal..
interestingly, one of my friends had posted this...
I am sure it is in a lighter vein...
Bengali's English poem –
Through the jongole I am went
On shooting Tiger I am bent
Boshtaard Tiger has eaten wife
No doubt I will avenge poor darling's life
Too much quiet, snakes and leeches
But I not fear these sons of beeches
Hearing loud noise I am jumping with start
But noise is coming from my damn fool heart
Taking care not to be fright
I am clutching rifle tight with eye to sight
Should Tiger come I will shoot and fall him down
Then like hero return to native town
Then through trees I am espying one cave
I am telling self - 'Bannerjee be brave'
I am now proceeding with too much care
From far I smell this Tiger's lair
My leg shaking, sweat coming, I start pray...
I think I will shoot Tiger some other day
Turning round I am going to flee
But Tiger giving bloody roar spotting Bengalee
He bounding from cave like footballer Pele
I run shouting 'Kali Ma tumi kothay gele'
Through the jongole I am running
With Tiger on my tail closer coming
I am a telling that never in life

I will risk again for my damn wife!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment