Saturday 3 May 2014

Sania Mirza...

During my stay in Punjab between 2001 to 2005
I was inundated with requests to teach Tennis...
and all of them were young teenager girls...
now, let me share the secret...
they were not besotted with my charm
but the magic and charm of another teenager...
Sania Mirza
Yes, they were greatly inspired by Sania Mirza...
and wanted to learn playing Tennis...
In her career, Mirza has notable wins over Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Marion Bartoli; and former World No. 1s Martina Hingis, Dinara Safina, and Victoria Azarenka. She is the highest ranked female tennis player ever from India, with a career high ranking of 27 in singles and 7 in doubles
and now...
Sania Mirza and Cara Black have won Portugal Open Women's title yesterday
Sania Mirza on a roll...!!
and I admire her...YES...!!

2 comments:

  1. My best friend in California is an avid tennis fan and knows who is who in this sport. She is familiar with Sania Mirza. I was not. Good post.

    ReplyDelete