Saturday 22 December 2018

Respect each other's religion...!!


I rarely miss the midnight mass of 24 December. My son was born on Christmas and my two nephews were born on 24 December. We celebrate Christmas more than any Christians with Christmas tree, stockings and Christmas Star. I lived in Vishakhapatnam for eleven years during my college days and my best friend those days was Mr Yusuf Khan, who met me incidentally when I was rehearsing a song in an Orchestra at Jamshedpur many decades ago. When Yusuf Khan started his own orchestra I was included and I used to perform for few years in Commercial Orchestra but later had to stop it due to family pressure who never liked it. Yusuf used to start his Eid always with me. Incidentally, I was very close to Gurmeet Singh my classmate in intermediate those days and I used to sleep in the Gurudwara those days which was located opposite to Police Barracks near Choultry, Vizag. Till date, I can recite entire Japji Saheb without any reference. If all of us start respecting other religions our world can easily become a real heaven but the politicians make sure this never happens...Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment