Wednesday 17 October 2018

Born Romantic...??

I am a born romantic... I always believed poetry to be superior to science. Yes I know, romance films are usually targeted to female audience. ..but men are also influenced by romantic movies and I am the best example. A Scottish study suggests that romantic movies create unrealistic expectations in real life. Yes, I know that movies are nothing but escapism but may I know, is there a better way to escape the horrors of this world than a nice romantic film? I must have watched almost all the famous romantic movies of Bollywood, Hollywood and Tollywood...not once, but many times. Let me explain why do we love romantic movies and novels so much...when we see a romantic movie, we are aware of its fictional nature but we definitely become hopeful that somewhere there is still a possibility of happiness. Romance is nothing but hope and possibilities, and hope is the elixir of life, ain't it...?? Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment