Tuesday 4 July 2017

Cosmetic Surgeries...

Of late, I have administered anaesthesia for few cosmetic surgeries. One of them was a young, healthy and good looking girl..she was posted for rhinoplasty... it is plastic surgery performed on the nose to enhance the appearance of the nose. When I examined her more closely...I couldn't find any abnormality in the shape of her nose...except for a minor depressed bridge of her nose...which was rather looking attractive. I tried to persuade her not to have that surgery on that day, but she insisted...I gave her anaesthesia and the surgery was successful. Frankly, I must advise such girls ( and boys ) that no surgery is hundred percent safe and better avoid such cosmetic surgeries on yourself . I do agree, such surgeries can give both women and men more self confidence and improve their self esteem but such surgeries are better avoided please. I know too very well that many people feel the need to change their appearance and improve their confidence. But my humble advice to them...there is no end to such type of surgeries on your body. A skilled plastic surgeon can offer various effective options to improve your looks and boost your confidence but I still feel sincerely that surgery is not a safe option. Changing outer appearance may contribute to boost your self esteem and confidence for a short while...because, self confidence and self esteem are similar to your happiness which actually comes from within...Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment