Sunday 31 March 2013

My Pahalwani....


My Gymnasium's name was Pragati Vyayamakalashala at Vizag. My first introduction to a " Dungla "..an Akhadha. I was asked to join on the first Tuesday after my application for admission. I was just 14 years then. I was to report with a bottle of Mustard oil and one pair of Langot ( loin cloth ). On my first day, after joining I was made to pray to Hanuman and was made to take vow that I won't think about women and talk about them till I was a member of that " Club"...a strict Brahmacharya. Then, I was introduced to my Guru Sri Venkat Rao Garu, a well known body builder of the state Andhra Pradesh and of course I had to take his blessings by touching his feet. My first task was to do only 11 sit-ups and 11 push-ups( Dandeelu, Baskeelu )...and thus I was enrolled with a huge Red Tilak on my forehead. Within no time, I started doing non-stop 50 Dand and 100 Baithak..later my target reached 100 Dand and 300 Baithaks. My day used to begin by gulping 
few raw eggs . a glass of milk and couple of plantains( Bananas). And then there was an Annual Dand Baithak competition, which I won with ease. But soon, I started missing all the beautiful girls of my teens and of course missing my classes too, because these excessive exercises used to make me sleepy in my classroom and I barely could listen to any lectures.

1 comment:

  1. Hi PP........Amazing photo of a body builder. but please remove this photo..(Dishti tagultundi)..meeru gym lo exercises chestunna photos baguntayi..kani..ilantivi vaddu..(Dont take too much serious..as this is my personal opinion only..You are PP,the great,,not Salman Khan.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete