Saturday 29 February 2020

Mother's cuisine...

I'm very much used to five star food but how come I'm so happy and satisfied with the mess food at the college campus where I live these days. There's a very popular Chinese restaurant at a stone's throw away distance from my residence where I stay at the college campus. But there's a controversy that increasing number of people are falling prey to stomach cancer due to ajinomoto a salt of mono sodium glutamate which is often added to most of the Chinese food. Interestingly, Rasam is served at our mess on a daily basis and Rasam is known for improving our immune system to even fight  microorganisms and viruses which cause dengue, H1N1 and now even being recommended for Corona virus although not proven. At our mess I usually have meddu vada/ garelu, idli, sambar, coconut chutney and sambhar as breakfast or else puliharam, upma, dosas and puri. Lunch consists of mudda pappu made of toor dal, bendakaya vepudhu... lady's fingers, steamed rice, vankay repudhu, goru chikkudhukay vepudhu, perugu with mango pickle and dondakai pachchadi, and not to forget jilakara miriyalu Rasam and occasionally we have semiya payasam. We do get chicken curry three times a week. But most importantly this traditional food which I eat here always reminds me of my mother's cuisine...same taste...same spicy and delicious taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment