Wednesday 12 March 2014

Wednesday Poetry Corner with Pendyala Pradeep.

Dear friends, I never miss reading the Poetry Corner on Plum Tree Books blog. It is my proud privilege to be a friend of Ms Niamh Clune, the creator of Plum Tree Books and Wednesday Plum Tree blog. I am an Anaesthesiologist working at Hyderabad, India. I love music, singing, mimicry, compering, tennis and of course, poetry.

Among the Indian poets, I love reading Rabindranath Tagore and Harivansh Rai Bachchan. I am going to share with you a poem by Rabindranath Tagore. I am also attaching the sound Cloud clipping. I am providing the English translation. Rabindranath Tagore (Thakur) the author of Gitanjali (An offering of songs ) became the first non-European to win the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. Gitanjali has profoundly fresh, beautiful and sensitive poems. Needless to say, the Nobel prize was given for the English version of Gitanjali.

No comments:

Post a Comment