Monday 26 August 2013

Her Bequest...By Archana Pant New Delhi...in my voice...

She bequeathed me Her all…
Her blood, Her bones, Her marrow….
E’en Her very soul !
****
She bequeathed me Her all….
Her hair ….
Dark…. and shimmering…
like wanton desires !
*****
She bequeathed me Her eyes……
Vast oceans of unquenchable thirst…..
A calm tranquility like a veil …
worn over passions untold ……
turbulent thoughts ….
a pandemonium of emotions
raging inside in a mad frenzy !
*****

She bequeathed me Her heirloom…..
Of wordlessness…
Silences stretching over from….
womb to womb !
Muted wails ….
beating their fists
against the tyranny of life….
the apathy of fate !
*****
She bequeathed me Her homelessness…..
through many ages ….
I can still feel her standing….
outside under the scorching sun…..
the harsh, inexorable heat…..
pouring it’s molten fire over her …
scalding and blistering
e’en Her very soul !
Torrents of rain ….
drench Her to the bones …..
And I can see her turning icy blue …
in the freezing cold…..
Frosty winds piercing right through her ….
I see her …..Shivering …
Shelterless ….. Defenceless…… and so Alone !!!
******
She bequeathed me……
Her rootlessness…..
the Craving to belong….
the ceaseless, relentless anguish
of being uprooted ….
again and again…….and again and again !
*****
She bequeathed me…..
Her sleeplessness ……
Wakeful, she stayed up….
for many births …..
nurturing, worrying…..
e’er anxious, She…
always overwrought !
*****
And now….
I hold Her in my heart….
Cradling all of Her ….
I sing Her the same lullabies ….
She sang for me once …..
“Sleep my child, peace attend thee,
all through the night….. “
*****
Her bequest….
Her legacy …
it always hounds me !
Will I ever be delivered
Or will it pass on ….
from my womb …
to yet another’s …
forever more ?
https://soundcloud.com/pendyala-pradeep/her-bequest-by-archana-pant-1

No comments:

Post a Comment