Friday 2 August 2013

Geetamma...


Her name is Geetamma
she is not a celebrity
she is not a doctor or a nurse
she is only a sahayika in our hospital
her job is to remain as a lady attendant
but I consider her more important
than everyone else in our Operation Theater
when I reach early in the morning
Geetamma is already in
and welcoming me with a smile
she is adept at all small requirements
of Operation Theater...
accompanying the female patients
looking after their personal needs
giving them moral support
just before their major surgery
she can talk most of the languages
with a cheerful smile
I really wonder
Have I ever seen her not being
cheery and chirpy...?
She knows how to take a blood pressure
and start an intravenous drip
She knows exactly when to give us
a hot cup of coffee or tea
and how to cheer us up
with her pleasant smile
today I asked her
what is the secret of her energy
and what does she take for her breakfast
and her reply was
a single cup of tea...!!

1 comment: