Monday 4 March 2019

Funny names...

Western names are quirky and funny, whereas Indians love to have very interesting names. South Indian names are usually very long... My best friend's father's name was Somayajulu Venkata Seetarama Shankar Annaji Rao. Indian names vary from region to region and also influenced by caste, religion and are sometimes are even influenced by legendary Hero or famous novel or drama character. Often there's a mismatch in the name of the person and what he or she's actually in real life. I saw few ladies with the name Asha being most pessimistic in real life... A person may be named as Satyanand but I rarely find him speaking the truth. That really pains me. When I see parents abusing their children who were named by them as Rama or a Lakshmi, I often felt, our western counterparts with their funny and quirky names are much better option. Shall we call ourself a Mr Dan ( Druff), Billy, Polly or Pat Fanny. ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠCol Pendyala Pradeep anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment