Sunday 17 March 2019

A teacher...

I have been teaching Anaesthesiology at Mediciti institute of medical sciences Hyderabad after retirement from my service in Army Medical Corps. Oliver Wendell Holmes gave the term Anaesthesia... Wonder, who gave the term teacher. When I joined the department of anaesthesia at Comd Hospital Air Force Bangalore in 1989, I never knew that someday I would be teaching anaesthesiology myself. But now, I love teaching and yes now I know what should be the good qualities of a teacher. Engaging students in learning is not all that easy. You need to have patience and kind personality. Before teaching anything, the teacher should have knowledge of the subject matter and clear objectives of the lesson. You should have passion for teaching and love for the subject. Good teachers are always warm, enthusiastic and always accessible. Communication and imagination are great assets in teaching and yes the teacher should himself constantly learn before teaching others. Yes, I want to be scholar, researcher and a life long learner... Col Pradeep Pendyala anaesthesiologist ðŸ˜„😄

No comments:

Post a Comment