Wednesday 7 February 2018

Jazba & Junoon

I was the only officer who could define the meaning of Jazba and Junoon when the topic of passion was being discussed by Lt Gen Hasnain at Saugor in early 2010. He was giving a lecture on leadership among officers when he visited Saugor as GOC 21 Corps. I don't know whether my explanation convinced him but he definitely spoke more about Jazba and junoon during the tea break exclusively with me. During the lecture, when the audience was asked to explain passion, I told the audience that Jazba is simple passion and desire but Junoon is much more than passion ...it is a bit of madness, but that's what is desired to be a winner and a successful leader. Well, I don't know whether the General accepted my theory or not but yes, I was permitted to have a cup of tea with him during the tea break after his lecture. I still believe strongly that If you really want to achieve something, you need to have a bit of madness to achieve it, not just passion ðŸ˜Š...Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment