Thursday 18 January 2018

Public Speaking...

The first thing I learnt after joining Army in 1982, the importance of public speaking which cannot be overemphasized. Before joining army, I was mostly tongue tied and was a very shy person. After joining army medical corps, I was groomed by my Commanding Officer Col later Maj Gen ( Mrs ) AnjuManchanda to become a confident speaker and I was chosen to compere the Army Medical Corps Day presentation for the first time during her command. After that, there seems to have been no looking back...I compered all the AMC Day programs and all the Pagal Gymkhana ( Annual Sports Day ) events throughout my 33 years of service in army back to back without a single interruption. I started enjoying standing up in front of a crowd and making a presentation, with all eyes and ears on me year after year. And yes, I strongly believe, without having communication skills, the ability to progress in this working world and in life, itself, would be nearly impossible. Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment