Wednesday 29 January 2014

Do we need books now...??

I have never bought a book, trust me
During childhood, my textbooks were handed down from my seniors in the school or my friendly neighbors.
Fiction books mostly Hindi I used to borrow and read from Book lending libraries.
Comics reading mostly Phantom and Mandrake used to be read in the classroom again from my friends' collections. 
I used to read a lot of Hindi novels especially during my summer vacations invariably spent at Kadma or Bistipur of Jamshedpur at my Buchchinana and Lakshmiakka's place, again courtesy, a Book lending library of kadma market, Tatanagar.
I must have read all the novels of Gulshan Nanda, Col Ranjeet and Ibne safi BA.
Well, college was a bit of challenge, because I had to spend extra time at college library or borrowing books from college library. Well, by that time, I started getting nice notes from senior friends ( mostly girls ) which used to suffice my textbook requirement.
During Matriculation, I was a topper in Hindi of Andhra University, hence, I was offered Hindi scholarship, which I declined as i was also offered National Merit Scholarship for being 21st ranker in the entire University. This had added advantage that the scholarship would continue all through my education unlike Hindi Scholarship which was offered only if I have a subject in my curriculum, which was not possible after admission into a professional college. My scholarship was enough for my pocket money, watching all the Bollywood movies and of course, buying surprise gifts for my parents.
During my MBBS, I mostly followed notes of my seniors ( again girls ) and rarely read any textbooks and cleared all the papers in first attempt with good marks.
Later, when I joined MD Anaesthesia, I used to borrow Anaesthesia books from British Library, MG Road of Bangalore, where I did my MD.
And now, I read all my requirements from the net...and occasionally from RSI club library.
I feel it is better and easier to read from the net rather than reading from textbooks, novels et al, because I can read much faster from the net vis-à-vis a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment