Saturday 30 November 2013

A day of nostalgia...

My pedda nana used to request me to sing a song very often, whenever I had visited him at Adityapur of Jamshedpur...today, the same song was being aired in AIR...Khiza Ke Phool Pe Aati Kabhi Bahar Nahi - a song from Do Raaste, Rajesh Khanna starrer...of 70s. I did ask him once, why did he like that particular song so much..he replied, he was mesmarised by the voice of an anonymous pedestrian singing the same song while he was cycling back home. This song took me a trip down the memory lane with nostalgia...my summer vacation was always spent at Tatanagar those days, at Kadma, with my sister Lakshmiakka and Buchchinana, my uncle with exceptional culinary skills. Buchchinana loved dressing well and talk incessantly on any and every topic with authority. My peddanana, whom I can never forget, was a great body builder, philosopher and of course, a fan of my songs those days. My father had five brothers, all were excellent in playing football, my father was the youngest and could never sing a song except Jana Gana mana...our national anthem...my mother was equally bad at singing, she could learn only one song in her entire life, Janani shiva kamini...well, my Papanana was a great singer, he used to sing emulating KL Sehgal...rather, exactly like him. And yes, he was the most erudite and disciplined person I've ever known, he later became the branch manager of Tatas.




No comments:

Post a Comment