Saturday 22 September 2018

Career Planning...??

Occasionally, my MBBS students do ask me which subject they should choose for post graduation. My answer is very simple, firstly, it is not easy to a get a PG seat and secondly, it is not easy to get what you actually like as a PG subject. Frankly, I feel that NEET PG (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Medical Postgraduate Courses ) is not fair. In just 3 hours of your response your entire future career is decided depending on your performance during those 3 hours, your destiny would be written... your next three or five decades. Is it fair...? I think, they should include Viva Voce exam too to select a student for post graduation.
My students also ask me sometimes, if they qualify for PG what subject should be their choice if permitted. Because most of the students are not very sure which subject they actually love and should be taken up as their final choice. It's very simple friends, imagine yourself having similar doubts in choosing your life partner too...close your eyes, and allow yourself only three seconds...the face which appears first in front of your closed eyes should be your choice...Have a wonderful Sunday friends...Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment