Wednesday 19 April 2017

I am an Anaesthesiologist

I work with my hands and my mind
I am an Anaesthesiologist
I love the job I do everyday
I cannulate your veins
I inject the drugs in you

I monitor your vitals
I am always alert when you are unconscious
I make sure you breathe or else I assist you breathe
I am always calm and nothing disturbs me
I make your heart strong when it stops beating
I know my drugs,machine and equipment like nobody else
I am at ease with constant alarms, beeps and colored lights
I know too well a small mistake of mine can take your life
I know the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of my drugs
I never believe when the nurse says you're dead
I alone know what can go wrong and what is to be done
I know you'd cough and get up when I pull out the tube
I am glad I am an Anaesthesiologist...!!
© Col Pendyala Pradeep, Anaesthesiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment