Monday 23 January 2012

Karan Thapar...

. I must congratulate Karan Thapar for the superbly written genuine article. The author gave a detailed account of his Doon school days. The story of Doon School Scholar's blazer was really touching and sentimental best!  But the author seemed a bit biased towards Doon school. He is steadfast in his belief that Doon is the best school. He is also a staunch supporter of Doon school and its faculty. He was wonderfully nostalgic about the platinum jubilee celebrations of the school and his being awarded the first scholar's blazer. He was delightfully mushy and sentimental when he took us down his memory lane. But he made a mistake in saying that Doon was special. I beg to differ . School days are special to every child, whether it is a Doon or a Municipal school, school days are the best days of  one's life. I would strongly protest if my modest school is not considered hallowed, compared to Doon. I still take pride in talking about my modest school and I too vividly remember all my school teachers and their voices like the author.                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment